Click to visit official website of the Lodge Auction House
Built in 1925, the Lodge is beaux-arts style work of architect William Rea. Four substantial roman columns and an elaborate cornice greeting approaching visitors. Straight through the circular foyer is the main hall with a stage, bar and kitchen. At the top of a winding staircase off the foyer is a hall with a 24-foot ceiling supported by matching columns and centered by a handsome reverse-painted light fixture in the design of the globe. On one of the walls is an original painting of the most famous mason, George Washington, painted by Ralph Stuart, an artist employed by the old Buffalo Pottery Company. Through a small hallway, visitors enter a grand hall of light blue and gold that had been used for the Masons' ceremonies.
In 2002, with membership waning, the South Buffalo lodge contacted antique auctioneer Stephen Phillips to appraise some of the buildings fixtures, artwork and furniture for sale. After learning that the building would most likely be razed for a parking lot, Philips and business partner Lisa Eoannou purchased the building and have since opened it up to the public for banquet and event space.