Vintage neon gives the St. Stan's AC a warm glow. As to try a Polish beer or a nip of Krupnik.
Saint Stanislaus Athletic Club
289 Peckham Street, Buffalo
Len Hoeglmeier, Club Manager
Friday Nights after 8pm (call before)
Membership cost $5.
In 1921, Rev. Alexander Pitass organized the St. Stan’s Athletic Club with the goal of bring together the Polish Catholic youth of the parish and protecting them from the dangers of “evil places and immoral companionship.” In addition to lectures about religious and national affairs, the Club provided supervised amusement including baseball, basketball, bowling and gymnastics. The first clubrooms of the organization were located on the second floor of a building at Wilson and Peckham. In 1945, at the cost of $13,000, the clubrooms were redecorated. In 1959, the old “Czerwona Kamienica” was scheduled for demolition. The AC would find temporary quarters in the Moniuszko Singing Society Clubrooms on Fillmore until the new Parish Social Center was completed. In the summer of 1960, the club moved to its present location.
FORGOTTEN BUFFALO TIP
Ask for an authentic Polish product…Tyskie Polish Beer, Sobieski Polish Vodka and Krupnik….a Polish honey liqueur.
Hours of operation and membership requirements change without notice. Many clubs host private, member only events at which time clubrooms are not open to the public. Respect the members and their environment. Remember, these are private clubs. Please call ahead before visiting. Enjoy
Enter the AC off Wilson Street. Parking can be found in Church lots on Fillmore & Peckham
A few of the St. Stan's Old Timers you might see at the St. Stan's AC.
Even the POPE has visited the St. Stan's Social Center...home to the Athletic Club!
The St. Stan's AC is located across the street from the church built in 1883.