Open to the public on Friday Nights for fish fry dinners
Must be sponsored. Ask for details.
Established in 1946 at the conclusion of WWII by a group of young veterans who wanted a club of their own. The original location was the former Charles Malis’ Shoe Repair Parlor at the corner of Oliver and 14th St. In 1954 they built the current clubrooms and added a gym in 1964. The Third Warders are widely known in NT for its fabled “club within a club” known as the “First-Last Man’s Club.” In 1948, talks began about forming a Last Man’s Club with 50 original members. The by-laws stated that additional members would not be added to the roaster until the last two remained. The men agreed that the “last two men standing” would drink bottles of Champaign that are currently enshrined on the back wall of the club. In March 1948, they held their first, bow tie required dinner, a tradition that would continue until 2004. At that final session, the by-laws were amended to read that the Club would end with the last four remaining members as illness and retirement was making the gatherings harder to continue. The Club currently has over 500 members and is open to the public on Fridays
FORGOTTEN BUFFALO TIP
This “off the beaten path” club is located just off the famed Oliver Street in Tonawanda. The jokes and the ball busting come fast and furious. It’s all in good spirits as the Third Warders are some of the friendly guys you’ll ever meet!
Hours of operation and membership requirements change without notice. Many clubs host private, member only events at which time clubrooms are not open to the public. Respect the members and their environment. Remember, these are private clubs. Please call ahead before visiting. Enjoy
Forgotten Buffalo makes a stop at the Third Warders Social Club
Get ready to meet some of the regular characters at the Third Warders Club